Tuesday 19 July 2011

So here goes my distraction (Artical)

So here goes my distraction (Artical)
My son is sick. He was brought to the ER early this morning because his fever had reached 40 Degrees. He went back home at 9 AM. Two hours later, he started boiling again.

Then his grandfather's driving me crazy. He was blaming me for not being here yesterday (i was at work) to open the gates. If he hadn't arrived what would have happened?

My excuse?

Grandmother said she will pick up Squirt. That alone i trusted. Then it's my effing fault? Son of a gun..

So for the whole afternoon today, he just won't shut up. My son's sick, we should rush again to the hospital (the doctor's instructions were to WAIT)... Squirt is sick, i should be panicking out of my wit's end... My son's is sick so i should be blah blah blah... i don't know. I'm not Korean.

There's more. Nephew was also in the hospital last week too. Grandfather told me that i'm a very bad person! The boy was sick and i didn't even bother to check on him.

I told him i had no time.

He said i could have nipped some time after working....

Does he even know what he's talking about? I finish at 9, i'm home at 9:30. Dinner. Prep for AM classes. I wake up at 4 AM for Pete's sake! Or maybe he was talking about my morning classes...

Is he insane? Husband needed to sleep after working FOR HIM, and driving me in the mornings (and wait till i finish). I swear to God, i need to get away from that man. If he was talking about the time in between... oh, right! I know how to take the bus (insert massive sarcasm here) because in this household, everybody has a car. They all drive me whereever i go. And that includes him. SO yeah, i know how to take the damn bus.

There's another reason... why would i? That boy's mother NEVER did those. My kids, when they were in the hospital, nobody visits. Just their grandfather. When i had surgery, when i was diagnosed and confined in the hospital because the doctor suspected meningitis (it was sinusitis), and when my kids were born? One rule i live by: don't do unto others... she wouldn't? Then i won't.

Not to mention: she's a bitch! I love holidays when i can boss her around and make her wash the dishes, when i show off that she's a lousy helper (when we're cooking). She asked for my children's rocker, when her son's the same age as my daughter... which means we need it. She asked for my children's car seat (to grandmother) for her son (which grandma agreed on) because SHE said we wouldn't be needing it. Again.. our kids: SAME AGE. Now my daughter needs a car seat because she HATES sitting on anybody's lap. Now she's asking for our STROLLER. She already has two.. and she's asking ours because she wants to gIve it away to her sister who also had a baby.... SAY WHAT?!

so that's a no.

About an hour ago, grandfather wouldn't stop rambling that my son needs to go to the hospital again. Fever is at 38.6 Degrees, and waiting for his meds to kick in. I can't leave, my daughter's sleeping. Soon as she wakes up, we'd go. But since grandfather's really a huge pain in my tushie, he called grandmother who was outside, to pick her up, and take my son to the hospital again.

Did i mention grandfather's expecting me to panic out of my wit's end? Because panic with me only shows when i'm lost. If my kids are involved you won't see me lose my head...

i forgot: the reason why Squirt is sick: sore throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment